This is my great grand daughter Avionne. Last Tuesday she arrived with her mother, and uncle. This child is a character at two months old. This is the one I made the blanket for. I can tell you I enjoyed them, but was ever so glad for them to return home yesterday. One week with a spoiled baby who definitely is running the entire show, make no mistake about it............but none the less her mom loved the blanket. My grandchildren ate me out of house and home, and I think I was wearing an invisible chef hat the entire time. They woke up talking about food. While eating breakfast they were discussing dinner. Too funny.
Finished at last, boy was I glad to be through with this quilt. Have not developed a since of direction, hadn't a clue where this was going to take me. I really had to improvise with this quilt. This as you know is my first quilt. I tell you....I left two safety pins in there and had to take the saftey pin out, and hide it with a letter J that I appliqued. Genius! I was determined I was going to make this work.
This the back of the quilt and it is in flannel. I thought this would be warmer for Avionne. I hope her mother likes this and appreciates the truly hard work that went into this quilt. Sooner or later I will get to the point where things run smoothly, when I know what the samhill I am doing. Over all I am proud of myself in making this quilt. I really had no choice as I opened my big mouth up and said, "oh I will make the baby a quilt" The next time, I will put more focus into detail. Can't say I've not been busy with myself this month. Letting my creative juices flow. Then a brilliant idea came into my mind...........why not make a pillow? Never made one before.
I think I am going to result to applique when all else fails. I decided to just put some stabilizer on the back of the material and then cut out the shape I wanted, "why pay money for cut out pieces of plastic shapes, when I can do it myself? Of course this is my first pillow. What my grand daughter doesn't know............this crafty person, unzipped the pillow from one I already had......and just made the casing. That's all and there you have it! Primarily the work was spent just embroidering the initials and cut out of shapes. Not too shabby. I didn't have any of the lime green fabric left, so I made do with this scrap of fabric. I fixed it so that the stuffing removed. Didn't put a zipper on this,as I had no zippers long enough. So I enveloped the pillow in the middle. That way..........when it's time to wash just pull the stuff out of the case. I'm too lazy to show the back of the pillow. Over all I'm satisfied. Not going to beat myself up, because both items didn't turn out perfect like I wanted them to lol! I'll just do better.
This just a testing piece of the material before I go on to do the quilt. Boy this is more than a notion. Of course I didn't follow any of the instructions at all.......well let me take some of that back.........I did try to cut out the squares as you can see in the other photos. Alright they are not squares I detoured as usual. I ran out of the material I was going to need to make this baby quilt. So I am making do with what I have..........I was determined to put a teddy bear on the quilt. That is the test bear..........never seen a bear that color, but this also has to do with the colors the design asks for, and I don't have all of the browns. So I have to fudge a little. I will try and finish the rest of the quilt within the next two days. There is no one set pattern that's for sure and I don't have everything down pat just yet regarding movement. This is going to take some practice.