Followers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quilting with Patsy

This morning I decided to watch some video of quilting with Patsy Thompson.  She was very straight forward with what not to do on first time quilting.  This entire process looks like there will be more practicing on how to FMQ.  It seems quite relaxing.  Now that I have the machine in which to work with; it will be an easy cross over in learning.   Looking at the way she was handling this queen size quilt through such a small space now lets me know why the companies are making larger throat spaces.  It seems so cumbersome to push the quilt through.  I watched all four videos.  There's a lot to learn out there.  Again the main things is buying the stuff to work with in order to have the best out come.  I love the way she brought a door for her table, and placed to cheap filing cabinets at either end.  This gave her plenty of work space.  More than what she would have if she brought a Koala table.   This is something I thought about doing some time back.  I still have not ruled out doing so.   I will try to get some batting, and a bundle in which to practice on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment