Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ideas

Lately I've been looking and reading blogs from Italy and Germany.  Pretty interesting.  They really do some pretty stuff.  Most of it is crafting and very intricate work with lace.  I managed to look at a blog from Japan but the designs were a little too young for me.  Right now I am still working on a pair of jeans.  Just found an embroidery yahoo group for my Brother Ult2003.  It appears we are still out there, and I got some information on various designs and how to use them, and also the best software to use with my machine.So far it looks like Embird with the iconizer is the one to use.   One of the things I've learned so far is that one should buy in bulk. Reading and article called:  The 5 effective habits of a successful sewer that you should know.  The points are well taken. 

For the simple reason being you never know when or how you are going to use the items purchased.  It makes sense to a certain degree.  So just going into a store getting a bunch of zippers or whatever is on sale, may be cost effective later on down the road.  Since this in an expensive art.  I've also been watching videos, and really taking my time reading the pattern for jeans I am working on at the moment.  If I get frustrated I just put it down and go back to it later.  In the mean time surfing along the sight for different things keeps me busy. I am glad though, that I came across the yahoo group for Brother.

I also was learning about the copy rights of designs, and how the women have used and abused them.  So now there are all of these protections against copying a design and trying to sell it in mass production for self profit.   I am really falling in like with machine.  I love the way it works. This was a good investment and I 100% sure that working along with my Brother Ult is going to work out just fine.  I also looked a site on natural fabrics.  I like that one as well.  I would like to work with Bamboo batting.  This does cost a little more, but the reviews are really great on the wear of the product.  But first things first.  My next thing is my dress form.  In the mean time I am using sheets from Uniques in place of muslin.  I should take a picture of the jeans in progress but would much rather wait until I finish.  Right now I am procrastinating on doing something today.  The lighting is really bad in my sewing room, and I am going to have to find another lamp that covers that gives me more light.  I wouldn't mind working at night time if I can't sleep.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brandy, your name crossed my mind last night, so today I goggled you. Yes, this is you, read some of your posts. Hows's Cory? I take my hat off to you, your doing a great job sewing. Determination was always one of your strong characteristics! I have not had the internet up and running for a few years, the economy is affecting the family. Aaron has a 3 yr old daughter. Chris is in Saskatoon with pregnant girlfriend. And I am about to find out my fate - cancer - going through the preliminaries for surgery - the waiting game here in Canada. I heard there are 150 patients before me and that was a week ago, so who knows how long it can be? Well, I'm glad your doing better after your surgery and you look as beautiful as ever. Me, I embraced the grey, got fat (who cares any more) and I am a private contractor to the gov. So life is simple and same ol same ol. Just thought I would look up old friends, in-case I don't survive (I refused someone else's blood for a transfusion, they can use mine only with special filters,etc) Last gyn, cancelled & refused to operate on me Dec 12/11, cause I won't allow him to put someone else's blood in me, yuk! My new gyn appointment is Dec 19/11, then will find out how long to wait for surgery? Well, hope this yr is better for you, cheers! xx

    ReplyDelete