Followers

Monday, September 10, 2012


This is the bag I'm almost finished with, all I have to do is sew in the lining and put the handle on.  This is upholstery fabric.  It frays really bad, and I had to double stitch each row at the top for the pockets.  The lining is regular cotton with batting.  I also decided to hand sew the pocket with a double stitch used in couture sewing.  It's a pretty sturdy stitch, and it really keeps the bag from being bulky.  The bag feels more sturdy, however even though this bag looks sturdy it just may well be that the threads will not tighten until it is washed.  That's a long way off though.  I also finished watching the Susan Kalji couture class, but the pattern hasn't arrived yet.  I will go step by step when it does arrive, and watch the class again.   Now that I think about it, fitting yourself is not all that easy, especially since Susan says it is really crucial that the measurements be exact.  Of course this will mean that I have to get some muslin, or maybe a sheet in my case, either way this is a project that you really have to work very closely with, or have assistance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment