Followers

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jeans almost finished




This is for the pockets, it is cotton like material. Finally I almost have the hang of doing a fly zipper.  I must work on getting the outside stitches looking just right.  I wanted to do a decorative stitch for the pockets.   I decided also that it's best using the blue jean thread instead of the coats thread.  Even though the blue jean thread is thicker, I use the regular thread for the bobbin.  This really works for me when putting in the button holes.  I can keep the top yellow and use black for the bobbin.  I did the same thing with the jacket I made earlier.  I used the black thread on top and blue for the bobbin to match the lining of the jacket.   

I have been playing around with making these jeans for the past two weeks on and off.   I chose again to use semi stretch denim.   There really is a trick to using this stuff.   I forgot to wash the fabric first and decided that I would go ahead and make the pants.  This pair is made without a pattern, I am doing a copy from another pair of jeans I made with no pattern.   I really have to muster up the guts to use Peggy Sagers pattern, which I am going to do, that said here is are the jeans almost finished in time for me to volunteer for the sewing expo next Friday.  I am also going to have to make a quick blouse or something to go along with the pants.  I am really getting to be lazy with wanting to buy something.  Every time I pass buy and look at a blouse now........I tell myself: "oh I can make that" of course it might not look like it does in the store, but I will try and get as close as I can to it.

Even though I am going to be a greeter this year, I want to come a little early to look around at some of the vendors.    Probably just the same people as usual.  All of the good classes were taken earlier in the months. I should have signed up for it then, just slipped my mind I guess.  Next year I will sign up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment