Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2007

stitches magazine

Well I am still recuperating and I must say that this is really a frustrating not being able to go out and get fabric. however a friend of mine in Washington D. C. was really nice and brought 4 stitches magazines for me and they came friday. So already I've gone over them three times in addition to the other five I purchased this month. I really was not suppose to get them. But since I've been home bound I felt compelled to buy them out of shear boredom. I've gone through those as well at least 3 or 4 times looking at the articles and picking out something that might pertain to me. The magazine is really chocked with a whole lot of articles far more than "threads" magazine.
So now it looks like I might be able to get some material in November. I've got something really big coming up Oct. 16th but I don't want to say anything about it until it actually materializes. I am already saving up for it. I've also decided to adopt another sewing child. I am thinking about getting a "toyota" sewing machine. Of course I will have to save up for it, but I saw it in the stitches magazine and I've not seen it in the american sewing magazines. So if "toyota" builds sewing machines like they do cars I am thinking that this might not be a bad idea. I also am going to save up for a Vikant embroidery program. It will be more cost effective than getting the embroidery disks that run 30.00 for only 20 designs. If I get the Vikant then I can copy any design and apply it to my emobroidery machine. That's ashame to have the machine I have and not be able to get the designs I want because they cost too much. I feel that the stuff is too overpriced to begin with. Even though I invested money in the "brother ult 2003 with the disney designs I don't even use. I thought I was going to have some floral designs but not the ones I would like. That means more money. The Vikant now runs for 279.00 and I remembe when it was just 99.00. There's just so much to get. I am happy though that I got my magazines. Sometimes I just look them over and over.
They had an article about going to Bali to get fabric. It's really beautiful from the pictures. I would just overdose in feeling and touching fabric. I would like to get at least 2,000 dollars in fabric just to go on a spree. Knowing me I could spend that in about one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment