Followers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

another fabric place

Yesterday I was hell bent on going to this Crafty Planet place. I got the directions from the bus operator and off I went. Now the bus operator neglected to tell me that I should connect to another bus on Johnson street. I ended up getting of the bus across a bridge. To make matters worse I had to pee. So like radar I scope another place across the street hoping to find a place that will let me use there bathroom. I end up in a scented shop of some sort. I ask the lady for directions and also can i use their restroom.

I go back outside as instructed to find the bench and sit there impatiently waiting for the bus. It finally arrives. I stupidly ask a passenger on the bus..."do you know where crafty planet is ? no says the lady, but then I hear a guy saying, 'yeah you get off where i get off I used to work there" So i get off and the guy directs me to the back of a building telling me to follow the bike path. There's no bike path. I am now approaching a lady with two dogs. I ask her does she know where the shop is. "oh you have to get back on the bus and go over the hill. I should have looked at the address. As i walk down the street i realize i am on 18th street. The address say 2800 something. How dumb can you be. Then to pay attention people you think they know what they are talking about cause you are not from this place and learning your way around.

The temperature is now dropping. I am really in a funky mood. Here comes the bus, and off i go again. When i finally approach my stop I look over to my right and there is the crafty planet. I am so disappointed. I am thinking thinking that since the last word is planet it is a huge place and I planned on wasting at least an hour. I walk in to the shop. The place should be called Crafty Nook it's too small, but they have nice stuff in there and none of it I am interested in. They are all cotton prints. All the prints are 8.99 that was not happening with my pocketbook. So I tried to enjoy my 10minute scope of things and decided there nothing i was going to buy. Now I have to wait for 30minutes for the bus. Off i go with no fabric in hand. such was my day. Monday or tuesday I am going to go to another place. I've got to find which place is going to be my fabric home. Mill end is a definite, but i think I am going to like the other place as well. I should be sewing something but right now haven't set up things just yet. I need some fabric for two more pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment