Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

going hunting

Well I finally got a chance to see one of the MN stores. I called transit information to get the directions. Ironically I just magically got an operator who sews! She said, "I do all of my shopping there, but you have to dig for your deals." They don't have things in order like the other stores, that's why they are so cheap." I told the lady you are like music to my ears. Now the lady said that this was the closet shop. So on the bus I go for my first journey. It seemed like forever, because i don't know where the hell I am going.

When i get off the bus after what seems like an hour ride. I realize i am in no mans land. But i spot my treasure spot. I walk in the place and automatically my nose starts to plug up from the dust. I get so excited trying to calm myself but quietly. When you walk in the door the patterns are to your left. Then the material starts. I didn't know what direction to go in. The store is the size of a Hancock store, but they've got so much packed into that space. I was expecting a larger place. I actually had to take my coat off because i was overheating with contentment. Man did i find deals. I walked away with wool that was 4.99 but i got it at 1.99 because a lady in the store gave me a 60% coupon. I got four shirts, one jacket and a pair of pants. That would have cost me at least 79.00 to 100.00 bucks. I got them all for half that price. Had i had another coupon I would have gotten it for less. Well I will try to make another journey.

I think I am going to like it here. I've found out though that a lot of the sewing people seem to reside in ST. Paul but I've not ventured down there or maybe i just haven't found the minneapolis crowd yet. I am really looking forward to going up to Canada to hunt for fabric. If I could just find someone who is a fabraholic like me it would be so much fun. But for now I am enjoying this. I am going to find my way to the other stores when the weather permits. I have to tell you I felt drunk in that store going through the stuff. I spent an hour in there and then my back started to hurt and I had to leave, but i happilly limped to the busstop with my treasures. I didn't get a chance to salivate over the other stuff....darn!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy from Chicago! After that long drawn-out moving ordeal I'm glad to finally detect a note of optimism and, dare I say, enthusiasm. You never sound more like yourself than when you're wallowing in "fabric-speak" :-)

    ReplyDelete