Followers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

friday

Today I forgot to take my camera. I really, really, meant to take my camera. This was my first sewing expo in this part of the country. I'd been to the one in Puallup, in Washington state, but this was a first. I was in heaven just walking around looking at everything. I arrived around 11:30 in the morning and would you believe? I stayed until the raffled the sewing machines away.

There were so many ideas out there, and examples of things that people sewed. Even some advice on how to join an embroidery club, regardless of what brand machine I have. I was looking at the babylock sewing machines and I really liked what I saw. The serger was awesome and at 2500 dollars it should shine my shoes. It's worth every penny from what I hear. I also managed to pick up two ladies who I am sure that we will remain in contact with each other. They spent at least 300.00. I came even though I had no money but did buy something from Vogue fabrics, my hometown Chicago fabric store. It was nice seeing some of the ladies that had waited on me in the past. They didn't remember me but I remember them because I shopped there frequently. It was the only store for miles around that had such a large selection to choose from.

I also tried to see if I could get some connections with working for Babylock. I now realize that suggesting volunteering to work at any fabrick shop is out of the question. Hiring is the key. So I guess I will just keep plugging away. It's a very tough place to try and get into especially if you are a woman of color. I still enjoyed just being there. I will make sure that I attend next year, and maybe take a class of some sort. I was advised though by my new found friends that taking a class was not all that beneficial. So I just remembered. These ladies really sew, so I am quite sure I will learn something from them. Well that's all for now. I am tempted to go again saturday, just to see if I can win a machine. Who wouldn't want to win one, but now since Babylock says they have a lay-a-way then I am going to go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment