Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

sewing expo

Well monday I went to the Pfaff sewing center up in St.Paul. I just introduced myself and inquired about a job. I know they are not hiring, but I added that I would like to volunteer two days of my time just so I could learn about sewing machines. Well the lady just looked at me and smiled like you would with a child. At least that is the way I felt. She gave me a free pass to go to the sewing expo....so I am really happy about that, but I told the manager that I would like to be loyal to at least one sewing machine.

I told her that I was familiar with the top of the line sewing machines or should I say makes of sewing machines, and that I always keep myself informed on the latest with the on line sites and what the ladies are saying out there. I think that this would be a plus having someone with that type of info. I jokingly stated that trying to get a part time job in this field is like trying to get into the mafia. It's so tightly run and most of the time it's by private owners and they are so far out in the subburbs. I also asked if she had a lay-a-way plan. That was a definite no but it was in the eyes followed by a soft verbal no. I will see if I can make some type of contacts at the sewing expo. I am going to be a sewing machine whore........and to the person who takes me up on my offer. I refuse to work with Singer. I'll do anything but singer. I'm not that crazy about viking but I will even surrender to them just to get my foot in the door. I will report on thursdays outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment