Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2010




These are the latest of the bags I worked on. I've been giving some of the bags away. The third bag is green and I made three of them. People seem to like them. The tan bag I am keeping for myself because it is the first one I made with a zipper. It's really sturdy kinda canvas like material. I hope that these are not repeat pictures. If they are I'm sorry for that, but I think I mentioned the fact that I have two new sewing buddies. They are really funny.

I gave them each a bag. They really liked them, and they came in handy when I went to an estate sale. One of my friends got an espree embroidery machine, of course I wanted the serger, but was over priced used at 875.00. This was my first time going to one of these things. I managed to get some "Great patterns" a whole bag of them. They usually run 12.00 each in the store. I got at least 10, and then I got a bunch of serger thread. My friend hogged up the rest of the thread. As a matter of fact she beet me downstairs to the sewing stuff. Didn't have enough dough though to get some of the things I really wanted. I was really being careful in selecting items. I managed to get a glue gun and don't have an idea when I will use that, but I'm sure it will come in handy later on. It was really a lot of fun. I went two days in a row.

One of my neighbors paid me in advance to clean her apartment, and that's how I ended up with spending money for the estate sale. The one thing I hate the most is that if you have to go to the bathroom, you are not allowed to.....because the items of the deceased are being sold through a broker. Well now I have to wait for my next big thing. In the mean time I will make bags and save them now that I have a system going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment