Followers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

on a roll

During the weekend I spent with two other ladies who are sewing orientated. It was really nice. Started out with bacardi rum and papaya/mango juice and some very tired stiches followed by quiche. We were doing stitches that were in a course that one of the ladies is taking. By the way this is a dress making course. I had a hard time with the herring bone stitch. For some reason I wasn't getting it. The rest of the stitches I already know and have used before. Over all it was a nice weekend.

We are going to get together as often as I can, and in the meantime I am still saving for my Janome. The new 7700 has come out and I think I am going to get that one instead. This is going to be the last sewing machine I buy. This one has everything on it. It looks like a Bernina and Pfaff and has an arm. I thought it best to just jump right in and get this one. I know it's going to be a bit pricey...........but in the long run I am going to have it the rest of my life. Everyone on this janome site loves their 6600 and said they wouldn't part with it. The new machine will not be out until May but since I already joined a yahoo group, photos have been coming in from London and Canada. For some reason Janome thought they would premier in Europe first and then we are last. From what I understand the machine will possibly run 2,000 but for all the features this will be worth it, and there is better lighting.

Janome is in strong competition I believe with Brother because Brother gives you more features and more bang for your buck. Well Janome is doing the same. I really used to be a Bernina snob, but Janome is what I wish to work with for the time being. I really would like to work in another country doing nothing but selling sewing machines and working with them. Right now I am trying to work on just putting things together. My way of course. Some of these patterns make no sense. So I always detour. I am also still working on Canadian contacts regarding sewing machines and the like. Maybe even a fabric store. That wouldn't be bad idea. Cause you get a discount for working there. Hopefully they would sell sewing machines right there on the premise like Hancock fabrics does, if so then I am killing two birds with one stone. We'll just see how things turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment