Followers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

skirt in progress





This is the band that I put on the blue jean skirt. I wanted a more flatter fitting look. I put the zipper in, and just when I was going to complete the skirt..........I ran out of thread. So now this is going to be a UFO until I get the thread. Haven't decided whether or not to put a hem in the skirt. This is the heavy denim so I think I am going to leave it alone. So far though it doesn't look that bad. I didn't quite measure the waist right, and it appears I will have to take half an inch in, the weight of the denim alone has made the waist larger, but I would much rather have it too large than to small. I really like how the flat felled seem came out.........I finally got the picture of how this is to go, had to watch the video on youtube three times. I really need to learn how to arrange stuff on this page. Design it yourself clothes is really good with the pictures. Haven't tried anything yet, but I am going on the right track.

Just got the muslin in and I will attempt to make some blouses or shirts. My goal is to use up the stash that I have while adding on, and so far I've not been able to do that....but I am taking one step at a time. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment