Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

train of thought

I think I am going to devote time just following the blogs on a weekly basis. I notice when I do that.....that it makes me want to go and sew something. Even if I am on it for just a few minutes. Sometimes though, I forget to take the pictures. I notice that on some of the blogs women take pictures of projects in progress. So that is something I have to remember to do, in addition to just forcing myself to do something. I believe when I get my 7700 that I will be on the sewing machine everyday.

For the time being, I am starting and stopping. Just like with the blue jean skirt and running out of thread. It's a habit I should get into, involving picking up thread even when I don't need it. I am out of white thread, and black thread because, they are two most common thread used. Even though some time back I picked up blue jean thread and didn't have the denim at the time. It was a 6months or more before I got the denim, but the thread was there. These woman all seem to have their stuff in order, and looking at the blogs I feel so disorganized. So what to do? Start organizing! Just a few simple steps. It's sure nice to follow the ladies. Sometimes my jaw drops or I get an ah ha moment on something. They are all incredible with their blogs, and the dedication. It appears that even though some don't have a big following; just the idea of blogging and showing, taking pictures is cathartic.

For this period in my life I think I am really going to have to concentrate on the sewing fact. Sometimes you don't want to think about your health and what's bothering you. So I am going to make it a weekly habit of checking in with the ladies and looking at what they do. It will help me, and inspire me. It feels great just to look at the creativity out there. The ladies don't know it but these blogs really make a person feel worth while in that there is a common bond, with ladies who don't know each other yet encourage either directly or indirectly. It is still a constructive day even when you can read what someone did, because the underlying thought is: "I'm going to make something" I just want to put that out there, because there may be someone out there like me who may be going through something, or just may be stuck in a rut. Going back and forth on these blogs gives you ideas and incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment