Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

what a day

For got this part..............how did I do this?

I decide I am in a sewing mood today, only to find out as I am cutting out the collar and interface that just maybe I should check to see if I got things right.   I wondered why the blouse wasn't closing just right.  In my mind I pictured out it was going to go and looked at the diagram that has the layout of the pattern.  That's alright I now have done the interface. Started at 2:00 and already it's 5:29.    I think I am going to have to get one of those lights to work with..........for the time being I don't cut on the air conditioner until 5:00 or 6:00 pm and keep it on until 11:30. Then the house is good and cool and will remain so until 3:00 in the afternoon.  I am really going to be curious to find out what the bill will be this day.  In the mean time I have to work with the blinds open in the sewing room and it gets to warm in here.  I don't like sewing at night because I will end up sewing until four in the morning, especially if I have music going.  Ah sweet music!   I will attempt tomorrow to finish the rest of this, but I am so glad I rechecked the pattern.  It's bad enough I had to make up the sleeves.   Well at least I am learning from my mistakes. Still thinking about my Janome 7700 it will be home in just a couple of months.  Count down. 

 Last night I answered something on: "sew what's new.com"  It appears that the ladies in Canada are complaining about fabric being to high there, and are even coming to New York to get fabric.  So naturally I decided to make a remark.  I can remember in the 90's going to Vancouver and getting my stash with only a 100.00 and now it seems those days are over.  That's such a shame.  The ladies are also remarking that it's a good idea to go on line and some of them are listing places to go.   I just found a sight: "Carmens warehouse" and then there is one in  Canada called: "Tristans Italian Threads"  the prices are pretty good.  I was surprised, but the ladies say they get you with shipping charges.  Carmens seems to be cheaper with the thread.   I think I am going to use these sites instead of waiting for a sale from JoAnnes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment