Followers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday I worked my this dress.  I had to reposition the darts at the top of the dress, one was higher than the other and slightly off center.  Don't know how I did that,  also made the dress too wide and will have to cut down the seems.  Boy do I hate taking out seems!  This time it will teach me to fit with clothes off, instead of on.  It's easy to misjudge the width of the fabric.  Thank goodness I did this with the muslin as well.  So maybe today if I am so inclined I will continue on the dress, although I doubt it because it is too hot.  That means I would have to open the blinds in this room.  My rule of practice is to suffer until 7:00 pm.   I will say I liked how the electric bill looked for this month, and all because of my methods.    Switch reels................I am looking for other sources of fabric.  Have noticed that the the online fabric stores have really been coming up with good sales.  I've been getting feed back from: "sew -what's-new.com and the ladies list a few places that I can save money.  That's always good news.  Right now I am still going along with the program of getting rid of some material.  Will check with the girls to see what they are doing.  Every time I check it gives me an incentive to move my arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment