Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

attempted dress



I decided to make a dress out of this fabric.  I already made a skirt out of it and wore it last summer.  I cut out the pattern but this time used muslin because I wanted to see if this was going to fit. My goal is to use the remainder of my fabric stash so that I can collect more.   Lo and behold the pattern was too small and thank God for the muslin.  I had to cut an inch for both the front and back.  After cutting out the actual fabric for the front part of the dress; I realized that there wasn't going to be enough fabric for the back.  With the remainder of the fabric I decided to cut in pieces and then so them back.  So actually there are three pieces to the back of the dress.  I decided to use this seem for decorative.  Although I must admit it isn't too clear, but I will do better nexk time.    I am undecided whether to put sleeves on this or just leave it sleeveless.  I might do the latter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment