Followers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

sunday

Still just breezing along with the breeze.  Although I didn't do any sewing Saturday or today due to feeling crappy; I still decided to watch some sewing videos.  I really like Silhouette Patterns.  I went on to the sewing forum in the U.K. and a woman referred me to the Silhouette sight.  I saw this lady at the sewing expo, she is a teacher and makes this look so easy.  Yesterday I watched the blue jean video on the website.  These are videos are around 30 minutes long.  The blue jean was really interesting, and the instructor stated in order to get the denim more pliable to let the denim soak or wash in two cans of coke.  It has something to do chemistry of the denim and coke.   I thought that was interesting.  Today I decide to look at the a blouse technique that is used in the industrial industry.   The blouse came out really nice and she didn't use a stabilizer for the collar, and it stood up just right.  Ordinarily I would use pellon.  This all depends on the fabric that you are using of course.   Well if I am feeling up to it I will go back to working on something tomorrow.  I am keeping my word though, if I am not doing something in sewing, I will be reading something in sewing, or viewing something in sewing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment