Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Silhouette Patterns

Yesterday I learned how to use the french curve from the Silhouette Patterns website.  All this time I've had this instrument and didn't know how to use it. Peggy Sagers does a good job of showing you how to use the curve.  I believe I mentioned that I met her briefly at the sewing expo last year.  After watching her on the media center it makes me really want to get a few things from her.  That is a good way to introduce your product by letting people see what the videos are about.  Now I won't hesitate to get something of hers.

  At one point she said that she had done an article for "Threads" magazine some time back in issue #99.   I will have to see if I can find that article.  Anyway she showed how to use the curve for arms, hips, and neck line.  I will finish looking at the other webcast.  I really am going to invest in her videos.  She says that videos are really good to learn from rather than the books.  I think a combination of both is a good idea.  Sometimes the books that are in just black and white are not good for me at all.  The pictures help more than anything.  With Peggy she is actively showing you how to work with something.  There are also two pant patterns of hers that I would like to purchase as well.

I also went to look at Islander sewing, and it appears that Peggy dvds are a bit cheaper.  Really all it takes is someone to go through something step by step and I will get it.   The other thing I am going to get is the dress form.  I am going to need this for draping.  I like the Rowenta iron that she had and that was really good for using the steam.  Another thing she talked about was Yoga Pants, it seems that these are really in because they are versatile and can be either dressed up or down.  So I might get that pattern as well.  She even informed you about the fabric called: "ponta roma knit"  hadn't heard of it, but may have seen it.  Well now I am on to watching something else.  Tomorrow I will be out of the loop because I am having oral surgery.......it's always something.  So I might be out of commission for a few days.   


No comments:

Post a Comment