Followers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

video day

This morning spent watching my newest sewing videos.  Threads: insider Techniques, and Clair Shaeffer Coutoure Techniques.   I really enjoyed the second video more.  It was very much in depth.  Even with the hand sewing techniques that are done on the high designs suiting.  St.Laurent, Channel..........and when you look at the hand sewing it can't be seen from the outside.  Shaeffer had haute couture dresses from the 40's 50's and some sixties.  Good work never goes out of style.  She did background on the stitches and when to use them.  This was a two cd package, but worth every penny.  If she has any other DVD's I will be sure to get them.   The Threads Dvd only showed three techniques, even though they were insightful, I believe the DVD could have shown more techniques, at this point a person can be nickled and dimes to pieces just for three inside secrets.  So I don't think I will be getting any more of those DVDs probably would be better off signing up for a class. The instructions were well demonstrated and filmed.  Good close up and explanations.  I enjoyed that part...it just should have had more.

No comments:

Post a Comment