Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Well I finally finished my bag this morning.  It came out very well, although I really am going to have to change how I put the lining in, never the less this is a sturdy little bag, and I will be using it this week. Developing a more pronounced pattern of FMQ would have been more satisfactory, but rome wasn't built in a day, and I am going to have to be patient with myself with this learning curve. I am enjoying it though.  I almost thought about reinforcing the straps with a cover stitch but dicided against it.  I had to change thread three times, looking for a way for the straps to be not so noticable with stitching.  I am going get some snap magnets for bags in the future.   I have another bag now in progress, and you can see it in the back of this bag.  I really am loving my machine.  It sewed through these thick pices like butter.  The Janome 7700 is really a strong machine.

 I know that Bernina is heavy duty, but I think the Janome really is better.  You can actually feel the power of this machine as you sew.   Also Leah Day who has youtube videos, has a valid point about the feeddogs being down.  I really was afraid to put the feed dogs down, because I don't want to have to adjuct tension, or anything else for that matter.  That's where the sliding pad comes in.  Also she has a valid point about changing the speed control.  I think she is right in letting the machine  stay in the fast mode.  I noticed that with just a control of the foot peddle I had to slow down a bit when trying to manipulate the fabric under the foot.  Tues. or Weds I am going to take another class for the machine.  I really want to feel comfortable about using the quilting foot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment