Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

sew productive

Today I went to the place I purchase my sewing machine.  I had a few questions of some of the things that didn't seem clear.  Basically I am surprised at how much i am familiar with the machine.  Much to do about nothing.  I was so tense in doodling on that fabric for the purse, that my neck and shoulders were sore today, and I couldn't figure out why until I watched a quilting video.  The lady did say learn to relax.
Even though my sewing people are far, they are really nice to work with, which really makes it easier mentally to go out there, but it's still a pill. But I'll do anything for a sewing machine. Guess I'm just a sick broad and I get worse with age. What is about these machines?  Thank goodness I am not the only person with this illness lol!  I didn't get home until six.

Last night I psyched myself out just to get up and go, and of course I left the house at 10:30 and got home around 6:00............traffic was bad. Now I can get on the machine with a little more confidence.  Even though I may have missed out on another hour of stuff. Time flies by so fast, and then you really can't think of the questions to ask, but of course my brain must have been frozen, because I should have written the stuff down last night.  None the less I got the two most important questions asked, so now I will really have to start practicing more.  I'm looking forward to the next thing I think up.  FMQ is like drawing, so that's the way my brain perceives this, so the sky is the limit , and no telling what might come into my mind, since I have the tendency to go off the path. Now I understand why women like the quilting, for me it's the sound of the machine and the speed I can go, for some reason I am more concentrated, and just zone out, and I notice I am more focused.  I will start tinkering around with the machine at 11:00 and the next thing you know it's 3:00 and I've not even come up for air.

  Today I wore my those flowered blue jeans I made and got a compliment. I was really shocked, I wasn't fishing at all mind you.  I figure that since I made they would look like they are made.  However that's the trick to try and make things look store brought.Making stuff with no patterns is really challenging.  I am just going to have learn to have more patience with patterns. Who knows I could be making that harder than what it really is, but then again .........maybe not.    My next challenge is going to be working on making blouses. Lord knows I need some shirts.  I think it's time for me to get out of tee shirts.  I stain them so bad, and then put embroidery designs to cover the stains isn't that ridiculous?   

No comments:

Post a Comment