Followers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Well May was really a hell of a month with all the hacking and everything going on.  I am still trying to find a way to transport my blog.  However it looks like I am stuck with the old address for the time being.  I am going to have to get an external hardrive.  In the mean time I've been doing some sewing and made two pair of really nice jeans.  They are not perfect, but they will do, now that I have a picture in my head of how they should go.

These pants turned out really well, and I copied them from another pair that I took apart.   In Kenneth Kings course he shows how to do this with the organza, and he made it look so simple.  Somehow my taking a pair of jeans that I got at a second hand store for a buck, and taking them apart seemed easier.  The tracing looked easier with him doing it on line than actually doing it; I even brought some type of clothe crayons and that helped a bit with tracing, but the pencil didn't glide across the cloth like Kenneth displayed in the video.  I may have been better off just using a #2 penical on the organza.  With these pants,  made a simple quilt stitch at the bottom, so that the pants would frey.  It worked perfectly.

Dadburn that flash but you can just seen how the pants fit my boxy frame.  I thought I had taken the flash off.
This is the first pair of jeans that came out really nice.  I was really surprised at the out come.  I will try and do better.   They are very comfortable.  Right now I am working on a blouse for some.  Just something to wear with some black shorts I made.   I am truly a work in progress.  Since there is nothing on the boob tube and there are all reruns I probably will do some more sewing.  I am really spoiled with the Janome and now it seems like something is wrong with the Brother because it sounds funny.  I'm really long over due for a check on this machine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment