Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This is the beginning of the dresss, and that is a sheet that I cut out, so there is not pattern.  I just wanted to see how this was going to go. Was really surprised of the outcome.  I like the material, although I don't think it was a good choice for me.

This looks much better on than off, but you can get the picture.  I really like the color.  I was surprised on how this was going to look on me.  I believe I will make the neck line just a little lower, and more open.  I haven't a clue when I am going to wear this, I just wanted to make something other than pants. I tried to take a picture of me without the flash, but the picture didn't turn out too well.  I didn't want my face to show.  I think I am going to invest in getting a camera that i would be able to use a tripod. 

I wanted to show some contrast on the bottom of this dress, so I cut the dress shorter, and then turned the material around to give a contrast appearance.  I learned the hard way that working on knits or shears it's best to use the dual feed foot must be used on fine fabrics and knits.
This is my first time using the dual feed foot and also with sewing knit fabric on the Janome 7700.  Because I was lazy I didn't use the foot the first time in test run while sewing the fabric.  The machine devoured the fabric.  Which is the reason for the single whole device.  This way the fabric isn't eaten up.  I had to carefully cut out the fabric, remove the plate.  Once I put the dual feed foot on everything was smooth sailing.  Although I am going to have to figure out the stitch length. 

I thought I had taken the flash off.  There's got to be an easier way of taking photos with my finished work.  Needless to say I am surprised how this turned out, just happen to be on a roll.  There are so many reruns on television until you have no other alternative but to sew, or read.  This week it's going to be hot........in the 80's well I don't do well in the heat. So I'll be sitting at the sewing machine.  I am really glad I got this machine, and now I am going to do another sleeveless top, no pattern but just something to knock around in, and then I will try doing a quilt bag.  I've not begun to touch the surface with this machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment