Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Well yesterday I finally finished up two sleeveless tee shirts.  Just something to knock about, and again I used no pattern. These fit very well.  The grey one should have been made a little more loosley but that's alright.  Chances are I will probably wear it on the balcony or something.  Maybe with my jeans. 








I wanted to make a slight contrast with some material to go around the neck line.  I could have used basting tape, but the material is a light knit.  Needless to say I tried flaring this out toward the bottom of the shirt, and it looks alright, I can get by with it, more than likely I will wear this with my jeans.   Will have to go to mill end fabrics in July, and I will make two more pairs of jeans.  This time I will try another color other than blue.  By the fall I should have this down to a science.  I will more than likely join another craftsy class.  My Janome is smoothe like butter.  Now I am working with some pieces of fabric to make a kinda of quilt purse.  This is more than a notion, and I don't know where to begin, so I'm going to play around with the color scheme of the bag.  So I will take pictures of stuff in progress.  Maybe that will help me to decide in how I am going to do this, because I picked up the little sqaures of material for 2.99 a bag.   Going to have to use my imagination.  More than likely I will take a course on piecing.  Doesn't make since to have this fine machine and not take it through it's paces.  This will be my first time doing FMQ and I am looking forward to it.  The videos say it takes a while to get the feel of the direction you are going in. The speed in which you move has a lot to do with the pattern of your stitch designs.  Over 1,000 stitches per minute.   Also I will have to get a pair of gloves.  That's must, it helps with holding the fabric, and also from keeping the oils from your hands not transfering over to the fabric, and of course keeping it clean.   It's always something.  A little here, a little there. But I enjoy it all.  So far it seems I'm on a roll.










No comments:

Post a Comment