Followers

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Well guess I will let you know the reason I've not blogged anything lately.  I am preparing a move back home to Seattle, but in the a town called: Bremerton.   I am traveling by train, and there are now so many restrictions about what you can carry on.  I will have a room on the train.  I have packed up my Janome 7700 and my Bernina is travel case.   The agent thought it best that they be in the room with me.  I agreed to that, as putting the machines in on freight or where the other boxes would be is not a very good idea. 
  
The last time I traveled by train I had a Viking and the put the machine in the luggage department.    When I arrived in Seattle, and after I got situated, I found that the timing was off, and had to pay 100.00 to get the machine back on track.   The Amtrak agent told me that the boxes had to be so high and so wide, and not over 50lbs.   Well I planned on traveling with some of my pots and pans, but of course you know that the sewing machines are the most important.  If the Janome box is to high or wide, I am going to have to unpack it at the station, and carry on.  Trying to get your sewing machines to safty is really important. I will take a photo when I am ready to go.   I will be leaving on the Nov.20th.   At least that is the plan.   

It's almost hilarious how people disappear when you say you are moving.   When I get back to Seattle, I will be starting all over again for the third time.  My saga is long, but to shorten it... my moves: from Chicago (family oriented plus medical)  you know how you try to do the right thing for family, and then they don't show and then they get amnesia and have no knowledge of things they promised, and how they were going to be there for you!  So I made the right move for the right reason, but for the wrong people!  The Minnesota move: fabric locations, and for medical again.  I had done my research on medical choices and found out this place was tops in taking care of people of age.  That part is true, however the fabric part.........places were closing right and left.   So now there are just a few fabric stores.  SR fabrics is the only and best place to go.  I've never seen a place that is so huge and with such a large array of fabric.  On an earlier post you can see me grinning from ear to ear touching fabric.   That is the only highlight of my moving to Minnesota, and the rest is all down hill.

So now I am going back to Seattle, and I will be happy to be back home, and wild horses will not drag me out of there.  This time I will leave feet first lol!   Have other info about more sewing machines.   Still searching the web.  Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment