Followers

Friday, February 7, 2014

These are just a couple of pictures from my back yard.  It's so nice being back home.  I will admit everything is topsy tervy at this point in time.  Not being able to sew.  Everything is in storage in Minnesota......do I miss being back there...........no way!   Just being able to look at the mountains and water is like therapy.   The beauty of Washington state really is beyond description.

  Right now I am trying to get use to my surroundings.  Of course the first thing I did was try to check out the nearest sewing places.  Right now I am in Bremerton, and I will see how this goes.  So far it's not bad.  Very laid back and slow type of town.  The most important thing is that I've been out and about more.   So far I am learning my way around by bus, transportation is really good here.  The down side is that you have to get everything done between  10 to 5 pm.  The bus stops around seven.  I am close by to the Silverdale mall and every store imaginable is over here.  So I don't ever have to go to Seattle if I don't want.  My friends are all glad I'm back, and a few have been by this way.  

It's going to be at least until April until I get half way situated.   Quality sewing is still going strong here.  It's a sew and vac place.  It is now selling Janome, Brother, Elna, Babylock machines.   I just checked in to see if there were any changes.   The next thing I noticed.....more quilting shops.  JoAnnes  just not my cup of tea, Hancocks is in Lynnwood, so I won't be going there, and there were no sewing places at all in West Seattle. I guess a lot of places have gone out of business.  In the mean time I am going to just play things by ear.  It looks like ordering on line will be the way to go.  There is also Pacific fabrics in Bremerton.   There is going to be a sewing exp in Pualllup.    I will not be able to go,  can't get there by bus.   So I will wait until maybe next year.   It is still going to take a whle before I am up and running.

1 comment:

  1. I just moved too so I know what is like to be separated from your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete