Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

today

i've been going on myspace, and trying to find people in other countries. So far I have two people that i am keeping up with on a regular basis. I just got through looking at my "stitches" magazine and as usual they have articles on fabrics and how to use them. i must admit I think that the best fabric is in Austraila. Those women must be born with fabric in their mouths. I am also learning how to color coordinate. Before i used a lot of prints ect. but now I am combining the prints with solids as it makes for better contrasts.

I will more than likely get my digital camera so that I can show my progress. I will more or less be concentrating on creating stuff for myself, and joing some of the sewing groups. i am going to try and connect with someone that has a car and if not I will be bussing. I can't wait to get up there. I will be visual drunk for fabric isn't that awful....but i just love it. I am also going to look for a traveling machine, because i can't take "dirty harry" that's my bernina 160 and Lena my brother ult2003 is too bulky to carry not to mention heavy. I've heard that traveling may knock off the timing.

talked to ken and another guy in muscle shoals at the "Kens sew and Vac" they are so sweet and i think I can find a deal with one of them. They said the magical word....lay-a-way I am going for the Janome has 150 stitches. That should be good enough to carry around with me. I will probably end up with getting a case. This machine has 14 feet and that's really good. So who knows might leave that one at home and take Dirty Harry. we'll see.......the fabric stores await me.

No comments:

Post a Comment