Followers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

lucky

My friend in Chicago talked me into this blog...........and of all things she chooses to pick a picture of me that is totally bloated. Who could look any worse, but at my age I am not really caring too much. She chose the picture taken of me in front of a store front of food. Delicious food.........and I walked two doors down and ate a great big bowl of soup and veggie rolls. I am so glad there was no one there to take a picture of me eating my food. I think that would have been more embarrassing.

I now look back at some of the things I've posted. I've been going to the Janome forum and reading up more on my new sewing machine. I can't wait until I get that puppy home. It's going to be so much fun. Now I've got to figure out what I am going to buckle down and sew. Haven't heard from Britt in Sweden. I am going to let her be my inspiration on sewing bags. That's if I decide I want to go that route. But I have to admit she has given me a few ideas. My new Janome will sew 1,000 stitiches per minute. Do I need that..............no.............but i must have it just in case. Just hope I don't end up burning out a motor.

Just got my Hot Patterns blouse design and the Marakesh drawstring pants. I am going to attempt to make the pants first. Cut out the material today. It's cheap and used. If I mess this up so what I will just look for the next project. The lady at hotpatterns.com explains so easily and of course with her english accent makes you sound like you are going to look so chique if you purchase her pattern. Although I will admit her pants made her look really good, although I don't have any muslin like the women instructed me to get. Next time I will make sure that I get a few yards of it. Well that's all for now........the next post will be a possibly a picture of the pants I make. There are only a couple of pieces. Oh...........this is my first time ordering her patterns and I think I will order more, because her patterns are not made of the cheap tissue paper. I'm not cutting into these either..............I am tracing...........that way I get everything back in the envelope without it looking stuffed. I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment