Followers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

finished skirt












I decided to leave the bottom of the skirt frayed. For some reason I like that look. I have been working on this since 2:00 this afternoon and finished around 4:00 this afternoon, but that was due to bobbin problems. My error of course. Stuck with it, but I finished at last. I had trouble with my bobbin and it kept jamming. Then I noticed that the machine doesn't like to mix two different types of threads sometimes. I had blue jean thread on the spool, and because I couldn't seem to get the button hole right and the bobbin kept jamming I decided that I would change the bobbin thread. Instead of having blue jean in the bobbin I switched to Egyptian cotton thread, and then every thing ran smoothly. In the mean time I will have to take some more of the waist in but for the time being I will do that later on. I also decided to put a zigzag stitch to support the frayed bottom. Now I am going to work on making a cop blouse. Don't know if I will do the pattern or not, just want to make a couple of things to wear for the summer.

1 comment: