Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

another collar

After working and manipulating the fabric for the past two hours, I placed the shirt on the cutting table having hand sewn the collar in, and finally realizing that the collar was upside down.  I copied from the diagram.
I meant to put this picture on here yesterday.  I also realize that the ends of the collar were slightly off, so I thought i could fudge on it a bit and cut the right side to evenly match the left side of the collar, however it didn't fit well, just slightly off.  At one point I was going to let this be a UFO and get some white material and make a collar.  That would be attractive if I don't get the second collar right.  So I will try again tomorrow.  Almost finished, but will have to put the buttons on, and I don't have new buttons so just maybe I can make this look a little retro and used some used buttons, I will look the buttons.  last year a lady in the former building I lived in died and had a whole box of buttons used, and some old.  I just found five buttons that were 39 cents.  I wonder what year that was?  Now buttons cost 2.35 or more for just a few.   Thank goodness I do have a few referral books to help out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment