Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

shirt today

At last! I am practically done with this shirt.  Now that I have it together, I feel the material is heavy for a shirt.  More than likely I will wear this in the winter. I will shorten the sleeves to my elbow.  That's more comfortable for me.   I will put on the buttons later and do the hem it's just too hot. I'm sweating too much and really don't want to feel any fabric on my skin.    In the mean time when I use this pattern again I will remember to check notches where they say. This time I stapled the directions together so it looked like a little magazine.  That worked well and from now on will do that, guess everything really has to be orderly for me. I am learning that I follow format far better in order.  I think that maybe I will make a few notations on the pattern as well and maybe that will help me more.  I am determined not to be intimidated by these patterns.   I remembered the notches in the collar, but not at the base of the shirt where you connect the collar and that was my probably my problem.  Once I visually remember how they are suppose to meet it became easier for me to sew the shirt.   It is just too hot to do anything .  It feels like it's a 103 out there, and I won't put the air on until 6:30.   I am going to work on making my own pattern from the book I just purchased on patterns and see how that works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment