Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

last touches


Even though I screwed up on the button holes I decided to put some more on the opposite side of the shirt.  I know this looks tacky but when I put the shirt on it looks decorative.  I am thinking about really embellishing the button holes.  It was suppose to be a mock up.   I am glad I moved both the buttons holes and the buttons over more towards the edge, had I not it would not have fit.  I will just wear this with jeans.

In the first place I hadn't used the Bernina auto button hole in a long time.  You have a choice to use either the automatic or just do it manually.  I like the auto one better.  I screwed up because I forgot how to use it, and then I place it on the fabric crooked, even though I thought I place it straight. I know I am suppose to test drive the button hole and I did that, but wouldn't you know it; when I actually got on the fabric the machine seemed temper mental, of course we all know that it was more than likely user error.  I would like to blame this on the machine.  Much easier lol! I learned a lot from making this shirt.  Now the next one I make will be much better without the mistakes at least not as noticeable.  From a distance the shirt looks not too shabby lol!  I really have to figure out what design to cover up the button holes. Well on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment