Followers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

train ride

I had to go into town to see about my mouth which is still giving me the blues.  That was monday.  On my way back home I ran into a young lady.  Of course I asked her if she sewed.  I told her about some things I read on line about more and more women sewing, especially younger women.  It seems because of Project Run (tv show) way there has been this interest in creating ones own styles.  These people are all late.  They will find out that sooner or later they will become hooked on anything sewing.

The young lady said she didn't know how to sew.  That's the wrong thing to say to me.  Well I said, "I don't know what the hell I'm doing either, there are books and DVDs out here and I am teaching myself.  Although there are times that I do more talking about sewing than I do the sewing.  With me things come in waves.  Well the young lady asked me what sewing machine to buy.  Wrong question to ask moi, because I love talking about sewing machines, and I mentioned two that I thought would best suit her needs.  She sounded really interested.  I gave her my blog site and the young lady's stop came up, and she said she would go on my site.  Well that day made me really feel good, those few minutes really made me feel good.  I love talking and sharing, exchanging.............but when someone doesn't know anything, well the flood gates open.  I forgot to ask the child's name.  I thought about how I had developed diarrhea of the mouth.  That's awful but it still felt good. As soon as I am back in the pink I shall resume my sewing.   Just think my baby (Janome 7700) will be home in a few more weeks.  I've got to go out looking for a table.  She is a big machine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment