Followers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome home honey!



Well today a friend of mine took me up to Champlin to get my sewing machine.  I was really shocked, because she lives north, but she also knows how long I"ve waited to get this machine. A whole year and a half.   I thought that since I brought the sewing machine I was going to get some perks from the dealer. No such thing!  On the Janome forum and on the Yahoo 7700,6600,6500 all these women talk about the deals that the dealer ship gives the client.   When I called them today, I asked about those extras.  The lady that works there said, this is not the practice of this dealership.   She told me that this is not something that has to be done, but more or less a gimmick for the dealer to get women to buy the machines.  I should have known.

  I thought that maybe the dealer would throw in some thread, or needles just a little something.   Well it's over and done now.  The problem is that this dealership is very far away, and now I am going to have to pay someone on this end 50.00 and hour to show me how to use this machine.   I am going to call metro to see if any buses go out that way.  I am really excited but, at the same time nervous about this machine.  It's almost intimidating.  Luckily though I've been going over the video on youtube, come to find out that the instruction dvd is the same instructions on youtube!   So I've gone over this at three or four times through out the year.  In addition to also following the Janome group and listening to the little tricks that they share with each other.  The ladies told me that I will not regret this decision. 

  Wouldn't you know it?  Just saturday Janome comes out with the 12000 version of my Horizon but this time they've added embroidery to the machine.  Also decided to remove the plates when sewing with certain designs.   So far the women on the Janome forum have really cool reviews on the this latest version.  A quite a few like me, have just gotten their machines.  I for one don't think that I will be buying another sewing machine.  At least not a top of the line.  Even the lady that took me to pick up my machine said, she wouldn't dare buy this new one.  Of course the real die hards will just have to purchase this newer machine, just like men do with their cars.........it's no different.  Talk about addiction!  Mine is cooling down now, but I will have to say when a person speaks logically about this sewing business, you see things in a different light.  I say good for you, what-ever- floats your boat.  Deep down we all know it's a gimmick.   I am happy with my new toy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment