Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

learning curve

I worked on my blouse yesterday, and did some reading.  Also looked at a few blogs.  Went to the sewing expo site for November..........and there is really not that much to choose from.  I sent an email to them, because I'm owed comp tickets from last year.  Really this is all about sales the way I see it.   I would just like to go to one day for a show.  Also found that Vogue fabrics will not be there this year.  I strongly suspect that if there isn't a big turnout that the show will not be held here in Minnesota any more.  Last year they had a very poor turn out all three days.   

  In the meantime I am breezing along with my new toy.  However I am still stuck in Utility mode.  I absolutely love the way this machine sews.  You can tell just how much power it has with one press of the foot.  Beautiful stitches.  Finally found a way to go out to Champlin on the bus.  It will be an all day trip.  I will have to leaver here around 8:30 in the morning.   Then go downtown and this bus should let me off right in front of the place.  I am marked down for 3hrs.  Carolyn is really a nice assistant regarding the teaching on these machines.   I want to try and get out there before the cold sets in.  I might have to go twice.  I will take along a pad so that I am able to write down a few key things.   Cause I know I am not going to remember everything.  I'm glad I waited to connect with her.  I wasn't afraid to learn on my own, just wanted to see a demonstration.  Better safe than sorry.  I know there is  learning curve with this machine, but it's one I am willing to go along with.  It's worth every penny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment