Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zombie yesterday

I was so disappointed yesterday.  I was suppose to have my class on the 7700.  I'd written down the directions on how to get to Champlin, and then walked right out the door and left them stuck on the refrigerator.  I wanted to make sure that I caught the 8:58 bus.  While waiting for the bus I called metro, because I had forgotten the bus number that I was suppose to take when I got downtown Minneapolis.    Now I find out that the 8:58 bus will take me to the University of Minnesota campus which is way out of the way.  There are two buses, and one goes to the U of M and the other goes downtown.

 Now I have to take another route because I am on the U of M bus.   When I get off the bus in the University district the bus driver points to where I am suppose to catch the bus.  I do exactly as I'm told.  As I am riding on this bus I notice that the streets are looking more like neighborhood streets instead of downtown streets.  So I ask the driver: "are you going downtown?  "No" she says this bus is going to St. Paul.  Now I've got to jump off this bus, and it just so happened that there was a bus  going in the right direction.  I hop on this bus.  It brings me downtown.   I get downtown Minneapolis only to find out I've missed the bus to my destination by 4minutes.  It was 10:35, and I was to catch it at 10:30.  I look at the schedule and the next bus going to Champlin comes at 12:30, and I now know that I am not going to be able to make it out there.  So I call up Carolyn and ask for a reschedule for next week at the same time.   I was so disappointed.

For some reason I was undecided on which way to come back home.  Do I take the train, or do I take the express bus.  The express bus comes at 11:30, it is 11:00 and in my mind I say, "you'd be better off taking the train.  I walk in the direction of the train platform, only to notice that the train is passing me buy.  So now I say to myself : "you'd be better off going back to wait for the express busy" by this time it's 11:15, and now I walk another two blocks back to my original place at the bus stop.  This walk wasn't bothering me at all.  As a matter of fact I was surprised at how light my steps were and felt.   I must have walked around twice before I finally made my decision.

When I get home I feel all the walking that I've done that morning.  My behind hurt, everything just literally hurt.  I forgot to mention that since I was so looking forward to this trip that I hadn't slept the night before.  Which is the reason I am walking around in a fog.  By the time I got home, my entire body is on fire with pain.  I just took my clothes off and sat around.  I was so tired, but my mind would not let my body sleep at all. One whole night with no sleep, plus being in a zombie state of pain, makes me not think clearly.  I was glad that this day was coming to an end.  I think I am going to try and walk at least three times a week if at all possible.  Today I will fiddle around with my machine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment