Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

what a day

Today I am just plum worn out.  I went to Champlin for my little class.  Turns out  I had a little more understanding of the my 7700 than I thought.  It was really nice to kind of walk through some of the feet I've not tried.  It was even better standing in the midst of someone I know is sewing machine savvy. A guru of the machines. When you surpass more than 10yrs. in this field that's what you become to me.    I just really admire any woman who works in this field.  Meaning I would admire myself greatly if I ever got the chance to work in a sewing atmosphere. You know that if they know the machine they are truly a craft person of sort.   Not to mention having an arsenal of sewing machines.
 
  I left at 8:20 this morning didn't get back home until 5:30.   I think from this point on I will have to build my own confidence in this machine.  This is a good dealership.  Just don't know why the good folks are so far out.  Sometimes it makes a person think two or three times about a purchase.  In my case I didn't think at all, just wanted to have a Janome.  I looked around the shop at some of the older models of machines.  I love looking at machines.   Carolyn takes her Janome to a class............but of course she has a car.  If I had to cart this machine around I would be in traction.  I sincerely hope that this dealership continues to allow lay-a-ways.  I don't think some of the dealerships know how much money they are probably losing by not allowing a lay-a-way.  I am religious with one.  So I am thankful for being able to get the machine.  Now just one little machine for a class.  I am not going to own 9 sewing machines, although I must admit I understand this addiction very well.  I think I being a fabric junkie and sewing machine junkie is worse than any drug.  But there is the creativeness that goes along with this madness. So we can justify purchasing our machines.  I told one lady not to beat herself up over buying the 7700.  I figure we deserve it in some way.  I can always make an excuse on buying a machine.  I've been really, really good all the way around the board.  I must admit..........that finances will make you rearrange how you want to buy sewing things.  This lady is going to bed.  I will try to work on this blouse tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment