Followers

Friday, June 29, 2012

Well this week I've really been on a roll sewing.  I've just finished making my second bag.   I decided now to use some form of batting to make the bag stand up more.  For some reason this in addition to the lining make the bag look more durable there by lasting longer.  Of course when ever I sew I make sure stuff is not coming apart. It can be sewn wrong, but at least I know those stitches are locked in, isn't that terrible?  I have a phobia about tearing.


The bottom of the bag is made out of heavy canvas, and for some reason this stuff really freyed bad, but maybe it's because it is old.  The lining is just thin fabric, and the straps were grey and I decided to do a contrast with some type of colored ribbon.  I was going to quilt the entire bag, but found out the hard ways that I should have done the quilting before I sewed the sides together.  I wanted to see what it would look like with some stippling on it, and as you can see the white thread is not showing up.  So I decided against it, but was just in a creative move and went with the flow.   Now that I know what a bag will look like with some type of batting I think that I will use this process from now on.  Now I have to think of another project. to come up with............did I say how much I love this machine!  It's fab! I will use this bag if I wear my blue jeans.  I also noticed that the handles are too close to the rim of the beg, and the handles could have been a little more closer together, thereby giving the handles length.  I should have known better.  But who cares, I'm the only one that's going to use this bag.  I might stop in at Ikea and look at some of their fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment