Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012


This is the CD set buy Peggy Sagers and I will admit that there's whole lot on there I didn't know, and I am really glad that I got this set, I think I have been Peggyised.   Well I like the approach and some of the pattern making was a little over my head, but again this is something I can go back to, and watch segments of it again.  I understood and finally could get some of the process of creating a pattern.  So this makes me not afraid to attempt to do something with the principals that she's given in the black book.  This will make me a better sewer, and now I have a better grasp on the patterns themselves.  
This is a very thorough set and you can recognize some of the garments through some of the webcasts she has, but the blouses are made simple, and I will admit the collar gives me the blues, and for the longest I've really shied away from doing a blouse.  Looking at one of the DVD Peggy makes it look so easy.  I'm quite sure that once I get the hang of it it will be a no brainer.   I know I am suppose to be finishing my blouses, but I was over anxious to watch the videos, and watch every one of them.  
Here are a couple of the patterns that I also purchased:



I really can't wait to do the blue jean patterns.  Also the way her patterns are designed you can interchange the skirt to possibly make a pair of pants, not to mention what you can do with the blouses and sleeves.  So in a way this has given me some creative juices, and also cements some of things I've learned and seen in the books.  I am also going to purchase the embroidery designs, and a few more pattern, and then from this point on I will get some cardboard and cut out my own pattern to be reused.............I really hate the tissue.  It looks like I am going to have to get some more muslin.  I now see why this is so important, especially making a jacket.   She also has some nice fabric selections.  So I know that I will be her best customer.  I look forward to meeting her again at sewing show, with something that I've made from her patterns, only with a twist of my own.  Everyone is a designer in there own right.  If I can make stuff and it looks half way good with no pattern, think what I can do with a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment