Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I am happy with the outcome of this, and I really had to use some creative juices.   The collar has some batting in it for stability, and using the 3.0 stitching down the center really made this pop.  I had to applique the front, because the sweatshirt read: Prince on the left and Peace on the right, since the center covered the "of " it was not going to look right.  So I figured that maybe I could get away with applique, and it worked just fine.  It looks really nice on, and I will wear this with a pair of jeans.  I thought about pockets but I feel it will look too busy.  I really need a solid color.    I was determined to finish this today.  I ran out of frey check so I am hoping that with washing the ends of the applique will turn out just fine.  I love the color of perriwinkle.  
This is the blouse I was working on.  I detoured and did the sweatshirt first only, because things kept popping in my head on how it was going to look.  The shirt is a really big mess up, but the only person that knows that is me.  It drapes fine, and I will have to fix the center of the shirt, but I will do that later.  Now it's on to Peggy Sagers shirt, but I have to get some brown thread first.   I will take my time with this shirt and won't rush it, and I think I am going to do what she (Peggy) suggested and cut out more than one pattern.  Well this was a productive day.   I really hate cutting out patterns, but I once I get my own draft things will be just fine.  It always makes me feel good when I've accomplished something.  Even though the sweat may look a little raw on the applique it's still stylish.  This was my first attempt doing applique.   I couldn't figure out how to use the use the button foot for applying buttons.  I know how to use the attachment for the button hole foot that measures the button hole, but not the button hole foot.  I am going to have to go to Apple Valley to get a demonstration, and hope they don't ask me to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment