Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

This is a sweatshirt that I decided to take apart and make into a jacket, I have opened the sweatshirt down the center and will put a border on it.  Something tells me though this will not be too flattering on me but I might be able to get away with it wearing a pair of jeans.  This is the bottom of the sweatshirt.  I just like the colors I guess.  One has no way of knowing how something is going to look until it's done.
This is the collar, and I will put a border around the neck and overlap the front with a double stitch.  I am using 3.0 stitch length to make it look more stylish.  2.5 is a bit too tight a stitch on this fabric.
This is how the front and the bottom overlap in the 3.0 stitch.  I am also going to border the sleeves, and then make button holes.  I don't know what made me think of this, but it was something to do on a sticky hot sunday.  I finished one of the other blouses, and it wasn't the Peggy Sager blouse, however it is wearable and you can't see any of my mistakes.  I had to take a part the collar on both blouses as these were not done with a pattern and I under copied the lapel.   Making it look too small for the collar once it is turned under.  It wouldn't be noticable I just made it look like somewhat of a style.  I will probably finish the sweartshirt tomorrow, as I will be in the house with this hot weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment